Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Panoramas and Sequences - Graffiti x Oliver x The Mistake

As a photographer we always go back to our work to see what we've done and think about what else can we create from our photos. I believe I created panoramas and sequences from the beginning when I did the Erie and Unreal project and thought I could submit something that was already done. That is considered being lazy but I did like what I created because doing that project taught me more about Photoshop and I created this: 


For this new project I did not focus on how paint effects the body and changes how a person feels. I decided to go around LES (Lower East Side of Manhattan) and take photos of my friend with graffiti on buildings and walls. Graffiti is not only vandalous but a creative form of abstract art. I tried to avoid shots of him just posing and looking good for the camera because I wanted the graffiti to express how he felt at the moment. This is not what I wanted although it is a great photo:


I gave him my Hunter Green Polaroid Camera to use as a prop on the photos below because since we've been hanging out more and becoming good friends, he began to find an interest in photography because of me. He wants to take little steps first finding himself within the film category and then advancing to digital world. This project helped him figure out that he wanted to look into photography and capture graffiti that you normally don't see around neighborhoods often.

I thought I had did a good job and got some great photos but I didn't realize how far apart I took the photos leaving Photoshop confused on how to make my pictures come out as one whole one. I lost too much data and I'm going to redo the project over again. This is the only good paranormal I could do but it's not what I wanted:

Well back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment